- Five bladder problems that show you need to have your prostate checked ASAP!
- Prostate cancer is often missed because men don't go for early check-ups when things go wrong
Listen to your prostate!
Five warning signs your prostate is sending you… Dear reader,
Think your frequent urge to pee and the stop/start flow over the toilet bowl are a sign of a bladder problem?
Or even just another symptom of getting older?
In fact, these symptoms coul... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Five simple exercises to strengthen your abs
- Ever noticed there are certain parts of your body that take more effort to strengthen than others?
I've personally had this experience, and one of the most common disconnected areas I've come across is the abdominal region.
While there are many ways to strengthen and help connect to the abdominal muscles, I've found using a small stability ball to be an effective tool. It helps to recruit t... ››› more
- [07 April 2016]
- Three terrific clean-eating desserts to try
- To celebrate Clean Eating Week, I'm sharing the many ways that well-known wellness experts fuel and care for their bodies with food.
These three recipes from health and fitness expert Dawna Stone highlight the nutritious and downright delicious things you can do with clean ingredients. And, they're sure to change your mind about clean eating!
Three healthy dessert recipes to try
... ››› more
- [24 March 2016]
- Rev up your metabolism with this two-ingredient protein smoothie
- It's no question, smoothies are awesome. When I have time, I love to create new recipes using various fruits and vegetables. In fact, over the weekends, I spend a good amount of time in my kitchen formulating new smoothie recipes. It's so fun!
The problem with smoothies for me, however, is that I don't always have a lot of time to prep and blend up the amazing recipes that I come up with. Some... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- Sip on this banana and goji berry protein smoothie for a pre- or post-workout boost
- This delicious protein-packed smoothie with energising banana, goji berries and maca is the perfect way to give your body a serious pre- or post-workout kick!
Banana and goji berry protein smoothie recipe
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp dried goji berries
1/4 tsp maca powder
1/4 fresh vanilla
1 tsp raw honey
... ››› more
- [01 December 2015]
- How to wash your face after a hardcore workout
- So, you made it out of your advanced spin class alive (this time). As you trudge your newly sore thighs to wash your face in the bathroom, all you can think about is a refreshing cold shower before slapping on some make-up and heading to work.
But while a quick rinse to your face feels super cleansing to your skin, your pores aren't getting really clean without a little more time and effort…
... ››› more
- [27 November 2015]
- How to make healthy, high-protein flapjacks for breakfast
- Oh, flapjacks... What could possibly be better in the morning? I'd totally wake up early every morning for a batch of tasty flapjacks drizzled with nut butter and topped with fresh summer berries!
I mean, who could possibly say no to a sizable stack of flapjacks first thing in the morning? (Not me!) Forget the tasteless, frozen variety and dig into these guilt-free, freshly-baked, protein-packe... ››› more
- [26 November 2015]
- This peppermint mocha protein shake is the best post-workout drink ever!
- This creamy, protein-packed post-workout smoothie combines two of my favourite things: Chocolate and coffee! And the addition of the mint leaves give the drink a refreshing flavour that I just adore.
Peppermint mocha post-workout protein smoothie recipe
1/2 cup soymilk
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
... ››› more
- [25 November 2015]
- Reduce fatigue and muscle soreness by sipping this banana cacao recovery smoothie
- Loaded with potassium for hydration and carbohydrates for regeneration, this chocolaty smoothie will help you out after an intense workout. By blending up this divine drink, you can kiss fatigue and prolonged muscle soreness goodbye! Just make sure to enjoy it right after you work out.
Banana cacao recovery smoothie recipe
1 frozen banana, peeled an... ››› more
- [24 November 2015]
- This honey and banana smoothie will help your muscles recover after an intense workout
- After an intense workout, honey does double duty, according to researchers from the University of Memphis. It helps athletes who use energy in short, intense bursts (such as tennis players and sprinters) maintain optimal blood sugar levels, and it aids in muscle recovery post-training.
Pretty sweet, right? Enjoy this delicious smoothie recipe!
Blend up this honey banana smoothie after your n... ››› more
- [05 November 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn