- Determine your perfect workout plan by asking yourself these three questions
- You try your best to find time to work out, ideally three to five times a week. You know you should be working out, but how do you know what activity you should be doing?
I mean, there are so many classes and pieces of equipment to choose from that it can feel almost overwhelming—am I right? Some people choose to do certain classes because they're fun—and that's so important because workin... ››› more
- [28 April 2016]
- Here's what you should be eating before and after working out
- My food philosophy is pretty simple: If I can plant it, pick it or catch it, then I can eat it. If not, then I stay away.
This is the same approach that I take when it comes to pre and post-workout snacks. It's a big step forward from my teenage days of living off protein shakes that are loaded with preservatives!
When I fuel up before a workout, I usually go for a combination of sugar and... ››› more
- [26 April 2016]
- Top five ab exercises that require no equipment
- We all want killer abs, right? But the mere thought of how much working out it takes to achieve a perfectly sculpted tummy can be tiring!
Luckily, there are a couple of fantastic ab exercises you can do at home that are super-simple and require no equipment.
Try them out for yourself - you now have no excuse not to get the strongest, most toned waistline of your life!
Five tips to streng... ››› more
- [18 April 2016]
- Five bladder problems that show you need to have your prostate checked ASAP!
- Prostate cancer is often missed because men don't go for early check-ups when things go wrong
Listen to your prostate!
Five warning signs your prostate is sending you… Dear reader,
Think your frequent urge to pee and the stop/start flow over the toilet bowl are a sign of a bladder problem?
Or even just another symptom of getting older?
In fact, these symptoms coul... ››› more
- [15 April 2016]
- Five simple exercises to strengthen your abs
- Ever noticed there are certain parts of your body that take more effort to strengthen than others?
I've personally had this experience, and one of the most common disconnected areas I've come across is the abdominal region.
While there are many ways to strengthen and help connect to the abdominal muscles, I've found using a small stability ball to be an effective tool. It helps to recruit t... ››› more
- [07 April 2016]
- Three terrific clean-eating desserts to try
- To celebrate Clean Eating Week, I'm sharing the many ways that well-known wellness experts fuel and care for their bodies with food.
These three recipes from health and fitness expert Dawna Stone highlight the nutritious and downright delicious things you can do with clean ingredients. And, they're sure to change your mind about clean eating!
Three healthy dessert recipes to try
... ››› more
- [24 March 2016]
- Rev up your metabolism with this two-ingredient protein smoothie
- It's no question, smoothies are awesome. When I have time, I love to create new recipes using various fruits and vegetables. In fact, over the weekends, I spend a good amount of time in my kitchen formulating new smoothie recipes. It's so fun!
The problem with smoothies for me, however, is that I don't always have a lot of time to prep and blend up the amazing recipes that I come up with. Some... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- Sip on this banana and goji berry protein smoothie for a pre- or post-workout boost
- This delicious protein-packed smoothie with energising banana, goji berries and maca is the perfect way to give your body a serious pre- or post-workout kick!
Banana and goji berry protein smoothie recipe
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp dried goji berries
1/4 tsp maca powder
1/4 fresh vanilla
1 tsp raw honey
... ››› more
- [01 December 2015]
- How to wash your face after a hardcore workout
- So, you made it out of your advanced spin class alive (this time). As you trudge your newly sore thighs to wash your face in the bathroom, all you can think about is a refreshing cold shower before slapping on some make-up and heading to work.
But while a quick rinse to your face feels super cleansing to your skin, your pores aren't getting really clean without a little more time and effort…
... ››› more
- [27 November 2015]
- How to make healthy, high-protein flapjacks for breakfast
- Oh, flapjacks... What could possibly be better in the morning? I'd totally wake up early every morning for a batch of tasty flapjacks drizzled with nut butter and topped with fresh summer berries!
I mean, who could possibly say no to a sizable stack of flapjacks first thing in the morning? (Not me!) Forget the tasteless, frozen variety and dig into these guilt-free, freshly-baked, protein-packe... ››› more
- [26 November 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn