- Exercising throughout life is the secret to slowing down ageing
- Everyone knows that exercise makes you feel happier, helps with weight loss, is good for muscles and bones, increases energy levels, reduces risk of chronic disease, improves skill health and boosts brainpower and memory.
What you probably didn't know is that keeping active throughout life could also help keep your body younger and healthier as you age. This is according to new UK research publ... ››› more
- [19 March 2018]
- Three reasons you can't build up muscle even though you work out
- Are you working out to build up muscle but not seeing any results? We know how frustrating that can be!
After all, regularly hitting the gym or working out with a personal trainer is a big commitment in terms of time and money. Before you start thinking that all your exercise efforts are for naught, listen up!
There are many mistakes that even some personal trainers make when it comes to exe... ››› more
- [11 January 2018]
- Five reasons yoga is key to good mental health
- Have you ever noticed how fantastic you feel - mentally - when you're practising yoga mentally? That's because yoga is key to good mental health...
Yoga can help with psychological and emotional healing as well as resolving issues relating to self-confidence, family of origin, relationships and much more. Below are five ways in which yoga benefits your mental health.
Five ways in which yoga ... ››› more
- [22 August 2017]
- Eat these seven foods to build up muscle and lose fat
- If you're trying to build up muscle and lose fat, it's important that you eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats. Fruits and veggies are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle recovery, while carbohydrates fuel your muscles so you're full of energy during your workouts.
Furthermore, protein helps build up and maintain muscle plus lo... ››› more
- [16 August 2017]
- Not all popular muscle-building supplements will help you build up muscle...
- If you think all branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) supplements - the most popular muscle-building supplements - will help you build up muscle, think again...
New researchers from the University of Stirling shows that BCAA supplements are ineffective when they're taken in isolation. If you're trying to build up muscle by taking these supplements in combination with weight training, read on for t... ››› more
- [21 July 2017]
- How to build up muscle and total body strength on the yoga mat
- When you think of ways to build up muscle and total body strength, yoga probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Of course, hitting the weights is one of the best ways to bulk up, but building up muscle and total body strength goes way beyond six-pack abs.
Yoga helps build up muscle and total body strength by using both isometric and eccentric contractions to simultaneously strengthen... ››› more
- [11 July 2017]
- Exercise helps women manage their emotional health and weight after menopause
- If you're a woman who's just gone through menopause, you'll be happy to know that a recent study published in Menopause, the journal of The North American Menopause Society (NAMS), revealed that exercise could play an important role in managing emotional health and weight after menopause.
Are you ready to say bye-bye to PMS, hot flashes and weight gain? Read on to find out more about how exerci... ››› more
- [06 July 2017]
- Do this type of exercise to build body mass and tone up!
- Are you looking to build body mass and tone up? Then the one type of exercise you should be doing is resistance training!
Resistance training doesn't only help you achieve a killer physique - in fact, it has a range of health benefits that go way beyond what you see in the mirror…
According to Dr Jodi Richardson, an accredited exercise physiologist based in Melbourne, Australia, “Resista... ››› more
- [08 June 2017]
- This is how you should be exercising on the ketogenic diet to turn your body into a fat-burning machine
- Similar to other strict low-carb diets, the ketogenic (or keto) diet involves eating very few carbohydrates and lots of healthy fats to speed up fat burn. And the benefits of this popular diet don't stop there - it also boosts your energy, reduces chronic pain and improves your overall health and performance.
The idea behind the ketogenic diet - or any diet high in healthy fats, for that matter... ››› more
- [16 February 2017]
- Do you struggle to sleep after exercising? Your body is crying out for THIS magic mineral
- You've just finished a hard workout at the gym and can't wait to get home, jump into bed and sleep like a baby!
Then, 2:30am rolls around and you find yourself still wide awake, tossing and turning. You begin worrying about the work on your desk, the argument you had with your spouse earlier and how the day ahead is going to be a total drag because yet again, you're running on only three hours... ››› more
- [10 February 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn