- Not all popular muscle-building supplements will help you build up muscle...
- If you think all branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) supplements - the most popular muscle-building supplements - will help you build up muscle, think again...
New researchers from the University of Stirling shows that BCAA supplements are ineffective when they're taken in isolation. If you're trying to build up muscle by taking these supplements in combination with weight training, read on for t... ››› more
- [21 July 2017]
- How to build up muscle and total body strength on the yoga mat
- When you think of ways to build up muscle and total body strength, yoga probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Of course, hitting the weights is one of the best ways to bulk up, but building up muscle and total body strength goes way beyond six-pack abs.
Yoga helps build up muscle and total body strength by using both isometric and eccentric contractions to simultaneously strengthen... ››› more
- [11 July 2017]
- Exercise helps women manage their emotional health and weight after menopause
- If you're a woman who's just gone through menopause, you'll be happy to know that a recent study published in Menopause, the journal of The North American Menopause Society (NAMS), revealed that exercise could play an important role in managing emotional health and weight after menopause.
Are you ready to say bye-bye to PMS, hot flashes and weight gain? Read on to find out more about how exerci... ››› more
- [06 July 2017]
- Do this type of exercise to build body mass and tone up!
- Are you looking to build body mass and tone up? Then the one type of exercise you should be doing is resistance training!
Resistance training doesn't only help you achieve a killer physique - in fact, it has a range of health benefits that go way beyond what you see in the mirror…
According to Dr Jodi Richardson, an accredited exercise physiologist based in Melbourne, Australia, “Resista... ››› more
- [08 June 2017]
- This is how you should be exercising on the ketogenic diet to turn your body into a fat-burning machine
- Similar to other strict low-carb diets, the ketogenic (or keto) diet involves eating very few carbohydrates and lots of healthy fats to speed up fat burn. And the benefits of this popular diet don't stop there - it also boosts your energy, reduces chronic pain and improves your overall health and performance.
The idea behind the ketogenic diet - or any diet high in healthy fats, for that matter... ››› more
- [16 February 2017]
- Do you struggle to sleep after exercising? Your body is crying out for THIS magic mineral
- You've just finished a hard workout at the gym and can't wait to get home, jump into bed and sleep like a baby!
Then, 2:30am rolls around and you find yourself still wide awake, tossing and turning. You begin worrying about the work on your desk, the argument you had with your spouse earlier and how the day ahead is going to be a total drag because yet again, you're running on only three hours... ››› more
- [10 February 2017]
- How regular exercise can boost a man's sex life, according to an American study
- Attention, men! It's time to hit the gym - not only to get your body in shape, but also to boost your sex life...
That's right - according to a new American study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, regular exercise may enhance a man's erectile and sexual function.
Up and at ‘em, guys! Here's the full scoop on the study that linked exercise to a better sex life...
New study fin... ››› more
- [23 January 2017]
- Do you want to stop your skin from ageing? Then you need to start steeping these seven teas
- Turns out that tea offers way more than relaxation, hydration and warmth...
According to Jolene Hart, a health coach certified by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, by drinking the right teas you'll also be better equipped to defend against signs of skin ageing like loss of elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles!
It now makes sense why nutritionists and beauty gurus alike recommend drinki... ››› more
- [25 November 2016]
- The lowdown on how your gut health affects your fitness performance
- The friendly bacteria in your gut are responsible for a number of life-supporting actions...
As science is beginning to uncover, a healthy gut is a fantastic way to become a faster, more efficient and overall happier athlete - whether you're a completive runner or cyclist or simply someone who enjoys going to the gym a few times a week.
Keep reading to learn how the healthy bacteria in your... ››› more
- [18 October 2016]
- Sail through your workouts with this velvety vanilla protein smoothie!
- I don't know about you, but I sometimes find myself way too unmotivated and low on energy to hit the gym. Especially after a restless night of sleep or a long day at the office. Can you relate?
For those of you who can, luckily I've formulated the perfect high-protein smoothie recipe for you to try out when you're feeling sluggish, lazy and just plain tired.
Loaded with healthy fats, probio... ››› more
- [02 August 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn