- Your brain produces this sugar linked to type 2 diabetes and obesity
- Most of us understand fructose as a fruit sugar found in fruits, vegetables and many processed foods that affects our brain and eating behaviour. We also know that this type of sugar plays a role in type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Now, scientists from Yale University in the United States are reporting that your brain naturally produces fructose, so they set out to investigate if it affects type 2... ››› more
- [25 July 2017]
- The rise in type 2 diabetes may be due to air pollution
- It's no secret that type 2 diabetes is on the rise, but what's the reason behind it? According to an interdisciplinary team of scientists from the University of Leicester and other institutions, one potential reason may be air pollution.
The scientists published these findings in the journal Environment International. To learn more about the possible link between type 2 diabetes and air polluti... ››› more
- [17 July 2017]
- This asthma drug also treats type 2 diabetes and obesity
- Breakthrough! Researchers from the University of Michigan and University of California at San Diego in the United States have discovered that a certain asthma drug may also be beneficial in treating two of the world's most widespread health problems: Type 2 diabetes and obesity…
Researchers explained that the asthma drug, known as amlexanox, which is prescribed to asthma patients in Japan, ap... ››› more
- [10 July 2017]
- Sleep apnea can boost your risk of type 2 diabetes and hypertension!
- As if sleep apnea isn't worrisome enough on its own, a pair of studies has determined that mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea may be tied to an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and hypertension.
Both of these studies were published in the journal Sleep. Keep reading for the full findings...
Nearly 30 million people in the United States have obtrusive sleep apnea...
Accord... ››› more
- [06 July 2017]
- There may be a new device on the horizon for type 2 diabetes patients
- If you have type 2 diabetes, listen up - in a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports, researchers have revealed that they've developed a wearable diagnostic biosensor that's capable of detecting three interconnected diabetes-related compounds in perspired sweat with losing signal integrity.
In their findings, the researchers described that this revolutionary device can detect glu... ››› more
- [04 July 2017]
- Four diabetic eye care tips to preserve your vision
- If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you're at risk of developing diabetic retinopathy - a complication of diabetes that affects the eyes and accounts for 12,000 to 24,000 new cases of blindness every year.
That said, you can avoid becoming one of these scary statistics by keeping control over your blood sugar levels and following these diabetic eye care tips...
Four diabetic eye care tips... ››› more
- [30 June 2017]
- This unique omega-3 oil may support nerve regeneration in type 1 diabetes...
- Brand new findings have discovered that omega-3 supplements from seal oil may support early nerve regeneration in patients with type 1 diabetes - a chronic condition in which the pancreas produce little to no insulin.
“This study is the first to show that targeted nutritional intervention can stop and reverse small fiber damage,” said Vera Bril, principal investigator and head of the divisi... ››› more
- [26 June 2017]
- Type 2 diabetes patients can manage their blood sugar with broccoli
- A new study conducted by Sweden-based Lund University researchers has discovered that type 2 diabetes patients can manage their blood sugar with broccoli sprout extract.
The researchers said the findings could offer a much needed alternative to address type 2 diabetes, which has become a worldwide epidemic. For the full scoop on these new findings, keep reading...
Most type 2 diabetes patien... ››› more
- [19 June 2017]
- Fight type 2 diabetes by choosing high-fat over low-fat dairy!
- You may be surprised to hear that researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health have found that consuming high-fat dairy offers significant protection against developing a number of metabolic problems, including the onset of type 2 diabetes.
What's more, in their study, which was funded by the National Institutes of Health, researchers found that people with a fatty acid known as trans-pal... ››› more
- [12 June 2017]
- Testing for type 2 diabetes is easier than ever with these tests
- For centuries, doctors have been diagnosing type 2 diabetes by dipping their pinkie finger into a urine sample and picking up on very high sugar. Some doctors still use urine tests to pick up type 2 diabetes, but nowadays there are easier ways to diagnose the blood sugar disorder.
Almost all diabetes tests are now conducted on blood samples, which are collected in a visit to the doctor, or an o... ››› more
- [07 June 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn