- King's College London study finds that unsaturated fatty acids play a crucial role in the onset of Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's disease, a neurodegenerative disease that causes impaired memory, language and executive function, accounts for up to 80% of dementia cases around the world. That means that over 46 million people suffer from this disease!
What's more, experts expect the number of Alzheimer's disease patients to rise to 131.5 million by 2050...
Currently, experts believe that the main cause of m... ››› more
- [12 May 2017]
- John Hopkins School of Medicine Study finds a relationship between midlife vascular risk factors and late-life dementia
- It goes without saying that dementia is one of the most important neurological disorders in the elderly...
Ageing is strongly associated with an increase in incidence of degenerative (Alzheimer's disease) and vascular dementia, leading to a devastating loss of autonomy. But what are the other risk most common factors?
According to a new study published in JAMA, midlife vascular risk factors... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- Large-scale study confirms that low body mass index isn't a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease
- Previous research has suggested that low body mass index (BMI) is likely a casual risk factor for Alzheimer's disease - the third most common cause of death, just behind heart disease and cancer, in older people.
However, a new large-scale genetic study goes against this previous research. The study, published in the Endocrine Society's Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, found no l... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- Harvard researchers link natural disasters to raised dementia risk
- A recent study conducted by researchers at Harvard University's School of Public Health in Boston is the US found a link between natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes and other natural disasters that force people to leave their homes, and raised dementia risk in seniors.
“In the aftermath of disasters, most people focus on mental health issues like PTSD,” said study author Hiroyuki... ››› more
- [25 April 2017]
- Distracted? Forgetful? Mentally fatigued? Check out these four essential oils that beat brain fog!
- It's normal for you to feel “off” - as if your brain just isn't functioning properly - from time to time. But if brain fog is something you experience regularly, it's time you seek out treatment!
Truth is, while brain fog seems to be increasingly common, it's not normal. The root cause is unknown, but experts agree that lifestyle choices like poor diet, lack of exercise, high stress levels ... ››› more
- [10 April 2017]
- Doctor explains how the MIND diet helps ward off Alzheimer's disease in older adults
- Did you know that there are diets designed to reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease? One of them in the MIND diet - short for Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay diet.
Martha Clare Morris, a nutritional epidemiologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, USA, originated the MIND diet. With an emphasis on 10 brain-healthy foods, this diet helps stave off Alzhei... ››› more
- [10 April 2017]
- Study finds that middle-aged people who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life
- Unhealthy heart, unhealthy brain?
It's something you'd never guess, but a new study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore in the USA have found that heart disease is a risk factor for dementia.
According to the study, middle-aged men and women who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life.
The researchers reported that risk fa... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
- New study suggests that seniors who have a lower weight are at increased risk of the memory-robbing disorder, Alzheimer's disease
- As an older adult, you may think that your below average weight is protecting you from chronic health conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Newsflash!
A study published late last year in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease suggests that seniors who have a lower weight are at increased risk of Alzheimer's disease...
New study links older adults with a lower weight to increased risk of A... ››› more
- [23 February 2017]
- New study highlights four activities that can protect you from mild cognitive impairment and you'll never guess what they are
- Looking for ways to keep your mind sharp at any age? You've come to the right place!
A new study published online in JAMA Neurology has highlighted four activities that can lower your risk of developing mild cognitive impairment (MCI). Here they are...
Researchers from Mayo Clinic set out to identify which mentally stimulating activities can help prevent mild cognitive impairment
For the s... ››› more
- [03 February 2017]
- New study reveals that heart and lung fitness is key to keeping your memory sharp
- You already know that what you eat and drink, the way you live and how you treat your body can affect your memory just as much as your well-being and physical health.
According to a brand new study published in the journal Cortex, a strong cardio-respiratory system may also help keep your mind and body sharp. Read on for the full scoop!
High levels of heart and lung fitness may slow down mem... ››› more
- [25 January 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn