- Improve your mental wellness with these delicious smoothie ingredients
- With all the superfoods out there, it can be tough to decide which nutrient-packed additions would go best with your morning smoothie to improve your mental wellness. The possibilities seem endless, don't they?
That's why we've put together a list of the four best superfoods to feel more focused and energised! You can mix and match from these add-ons that are brimming with phytonutrients to boo... ››› more
- [07 July 2017]
- Chocolate and cocoa may offer mental wellness support!
- If you're one of those people who believed that a balanced diet is a chocolate in both hands, you'll be happy to know that this phrase commonly used to justify eating chocolate may harbour some truth!
According to a recent review published in Frontiers in Nutrition, the cocoa bean is an excellent source of flavanols - a class of naural compounds that may offer mental wellness support as they ha... ››› more
- [04 July 2017]
- Immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for VCID patients
- A paper published by the University of Kentucky's Sanders-Brown Center on Aging has uncovered that immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for patients with vascular cognitive impairment and dementia (VCID).
To find out more about the link between Alzheimer's disease and VCID plus why immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for VCID patients, read on.
The re... ››› more
- [29 June 2017]
- Cut your dementia risk by drinking more coffee!
- Do you want to prevent dementia? Do you love coffee?
Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports has found that caffeine is one of 24 compounds that have potential to boost an enzyme that can help protect you against dementia.
Yes, it's true - indulging in your beloved cuppa may have neuro-protective effects! Keep reading to learn more. ... ››› more
- [29 May 2017]
- Regular use of a sauna can cut the risk of dementia up to 66%!
- According to a recent study by University of Eastern Finland researchers, regular use of a sauna may reduce the risk of dementia - a group of thinking and social symptoms that interfere with daily functioning - in men.
So how exactly does using a sauna help boost the brain and prevent dementia? Keep reading to find out!
Study discovers that regular use of a sauna can reduce risk of dementia ... ››› more
- [26 May 2017]
- A cup of tea a day can keep dementia away, according to Singaporean researchers
- You've heard that an apple a day can keep the doctor away. But here's a new one: A cup of tea a day can keep dementia away. That's what researchers from the National University of Singapore's Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine say, at least.
Their study, led by Feng Lei, an assistant professor at the university's Department of Psychological Medicine, found that drinking tea on the regular is linke... ››› more
- [24 May 2017]
- The essential antioxidants for beating brain fog plus three delicious foods that contain them
- When you're feeling tired and unfocused, you may think your body is craving stimulants like coffee or an energy drink when it's in fact asking for certain antioxidants with neuroprotective properties.
Three of these certain antioxidants are luteolin, apigenin and quercetin. Not only do they energise your body, but also beat brain fog, optimise your blood flow and prevent oxidative stress.
... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- University of British Columbia research confirms: Physical activity is associated with a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease
- For years, there's been debate around whether or not physical activity is associated with a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease...
Finally, a panel of researchers led by University of British Columbia's Okanagan campus in Canada have confirmed that there is a relationship between physical activity and reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease. Here's the full scoop.
University of British Columbia ... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- Northumbria University researchers reveal the best essential oil for boosting your memory (Bonus: It banishes cellulite and helps you live longer)
- Rosemary tastes delicious and smells delightful - what's not to love?
Now, new research is showing that rosemary essential oil can boost memory in humans, which supports its most traditional uses with modern science. Some research has found that this essential oil banishes cellulite and helps you live a longer life, too!
Keep reading to learn more about how rosemary essential oil can help im... ››› more
- [22 May 2017]
- Two-decade study finds that insulin resistance may lead to accelerated cognitive decline
- Breakthrough! A new study by researchers at Tel Aviv University in Israel has found a link between insulin resistance - caused in part by physical inactivity and obesity - and accelerated cognitive decline.
According to the study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, both diabetic and non-diabetic subjects with insulin resistance experienced a more rapid decline in memory and execut... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn