- These four herbs can reverse dementia and memory loss
- Are you petrified of the deleterious disease known as dementia? Well, you're not the only one...
Two of the most common causes of dementia are Alzheimer's disease and stroke. Fortunately, the natural world offers a multitude of resources to combat dementia, Alzheimer's disease and stroke altogether!
You can significantly reduce your risk of dementia as well as signs and symptoms of the disea... ››› more
- [03 October 2017]
- High-quality lemon balm can help manage symptoms of Alzheimer's disease
- Who doesn't love the fresh, energising fragrance and taste of lemon? If you're anything like me, you love these sunny yellow-coloured fruits - whether they wind up in lemonade, lemon tea, cake or even furniture polish. And this love extends to any plant that tastes or smells like lemon, such as lemongrass, lemon verbena and, of course, lemon balm.
Lemon balm is delightful in everything from col... ››› more
- [29 September 2017]
- Age-related memory loss versus dementia: What's the difference?
- Forgetfulness is common. Each of one us has misplaced our cell phone, forgotten where we parked
our car and drawn a blank at the grocery store after leaving the shopping list at home. But there's a
point when forgetfulness becomes concerning - especially in older adults.
Your brain changes as you age - that's inevitable. So how do you tell the difference between age-
related memory loss and ... ››› more
- [21 September 2017]
- Alzheimer's disease may be the result of infection, Harvard study suggests
- For many years, scientists have believed that the plaques known as amyloid beta that collect in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease serve no purpose, and that their presence does nothing but rob people of their minds and memories.
However, a new study by Harvard researchers published in the journal Science Translational Medicine suggests that the plaques may have a role after all, po... ››› more
- [29 August 2017]
- Salmon oil can help older people with memory problems boost their brainpower
- Consuming certain nutrients is key to good mental and physical health. Your brain requires nutrients just like your heart, lungs and muscles do. But which nutrient is particularly important to keep your grey matter healthy and happy?
According to a new MIDAS study, DHA-rich salmon oil can help older people with memory problems boost their brainpower. In the study, healthy people with mild memor... ››› more
- [25 August 2017]
- Four Alzheimer's disease myths you shouldn't believe anymore
- Over the years, lots of myths have arisen about what Alzheimer's disease is, who gets it and how it affects people who have it. It's time we take a step back and acknowledge how little we actually know about Alzheimer's disease and the effects that these misunderstandings can have on people with the disease and their families.
Of course, we all fear Alzheimer's disease - the mere thought of los... ››› more
- [23 August 2017]
- Four early dementia signs to watch out for
- While dementia mainly affects old people, it isn't a normal part of ageing. Statistics show that worldwide, 47.5 million people have dementia and each year, there are 7.7 new cases. However, many people aren't familiar with early dementia signs.
Dementia is a collection of symptoms, such as impairments in thought, memory and communication. So does this mean that if you're experiencing memory pr... ››› more
- [21 August 2017]
- Another reason why people with Alzheimer's disease shouldn't use antidepressants
- Past studies have associated antidepressant use among people with Alzheimer's disease with an increased risk of falls and hip fractures. Now, new research published in Alzheimer's Research & Therapy has found yet another reason why people with Alzheimer's disease shouldn't use antidepressants…
The study, which was conducted by researchers from the University of Eastern Finland, reveals that a... ››› more
- [15 August 2017]
- Spinach and kale can prevent Alzheimer's disease
- You already know that spinach and kale are two top foods to eat if you want to stay physically fit. But new research by the University of Illinois suggests that these two greens can also keep you cognitively fit and stave off Alzheimer's disease…
According to the researchers behind the study, it's a nutrient known as lutein that's contained in spinach and kale that give them their Alzheimer's... ››› more
- [31 July 2017]
- Managing your lifestyle factors is key to preventing Alzheimer's disease
- Breakthrough! A recently released report has uncovered that managing your lifestyle factors plays an important role in preventing Alzheimer's disease. In fact, managing lifestyle factors could prevent up to 75% of the world's dementia, according to the report.
The findings, which were published in The Lancet and presented at the 2017 Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) maint... ››› more
- [28 July 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn