- Been anxious, restless and forgetful? This could be why...
- If you feel like you're losing your mind lately because you can't remember where you parked your car or you've suddenly developed nervous or anxious tendencies, and you've lost some weight...
It could have nothing to do with your mind at all!
Find out below what could be causing your 'false dementia' and how you can help treat it naturally... This gland could be the cause of your worrying sy... ››› more
- [20 June 2018]
- The sunshine vitamin plays a major role in keeping your brain young
- Have you read any health news lately? If you have, you've probably come across a story about the importance of vitamin D and its incredible health benefits. So why is it that populations all around the globe are suffering from vitamin D deficiency?
In the past, you might not have thought of getting enough of the sunshine vitamin as anything serious. If this is the case, you couldn't have been m... ››› more
- [27 April 2018]
- Beware! Too much sitting can lead to mental decline and dementia
- You already know that too many hours lounging on chairs and couches can be bad for your heart. As it turns out, all that sitting might be bad for your brain too.
In fact, too much sitting could even lead to mental decline and dementia, according to a new study published in the journal PLOS One.
The new study found that too much sitting was tied to an unhealthy ‘thinning' of tissue in a key... ››› more
- [24 April 2018]
- Aerobic exercise can delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease and improve symptoms
- Scientists still haven't found a cure for the memory-destroying condition that is Alzheimer's disease, however, a new study has found that aerobic exercise can help delay its onset and improve symptoms.
Numerous studies have suggested that exercise can boost brain health in older adults, but not all have concluded that exercise either delays the onset of Alzheimer's disease or improves symptoms... ››› more
- [10 April 2018]
- Too much coffee could spell Alzheimer's disease trouble
- When you think of Alzheimer's disease, memory loss is the first symptom that comes to mind. However, there are also a number of neuropsychiatric symptoms that may be present even in the early stages of the disease. Known as behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia, or BPSD or short, they include anxiety, depression, apathy, hallucinations and paranoia.
Recent research has suggested th... ››› more
- [06 April 2018]
- Chocolate and wine actually make you smarter!
- What if we told you that some of your favourite indulgence, such as coffee, dark chocolate and wine, keep your brain healthy and even make you smarter? Well, it's true!
You already know that a wholesome diet is the cornerstone of good health - think a wide variety of foods, including dark green, red and orange vegetables, whole fruits and proteins like meat.
However, certain foods aren't ju... ››› more
- [04 April 2018]
- This simple test may help combat Alzheimer's disease before symptoms surface
- Many people around the world take a daily dose of baby aspirin to help ward off heart attacks. Well, as it turns out, a daily dose of the non-prescription painkiller ibuprofen (Advil) can similarly prevent Alzheimer's disease.
The new study, conducted by a team of Canadian neuroscientists, found that ibuprofen could help susceptible people stave off Alzheimer's disease by targeting inflammation... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
- Drinking this vegetable juice provides a natural way to combat Alzheimer's disease
- Drinking beetroot juice provides a natural way to stave off Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study released at a scientific conference last week, the annual meeting of the American Chemical Society.
The research suggests that betanin, a compound found in beetroots that give the vegetable their distinctive red colour, helps slow down the accumulation of misfolded proteins in the brain, a ... ››› more
- [27 March 2018]
- Your medication may be behind your memory loss…
- You might be surprised to learn that the scary side effect of memory loss is a possibility for many commonly prescribed medications.
While it's a good idea to get any memory loss issues checked out by your doctor, you may want to consider that culprit may be in your medicine cabinet first.
Read on to learn about the common medications that can cause memory loss.
These five commonly presc... ››› more
- [23 March 2018]
- Daytime sleepiness could be an early sign of Alzheimer's disease
- Do you often feel sleepy during the day? Then you might have harmful plaque building in your brain that's a sign of impending Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study published in JAMA Neurology.
The accumulation of a protein called beta-amyloid is a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease. It's believed that better sleep clears beta-amyloid, while poor sleep allows it to build up, the authors of ... ››› more
- [21 March 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn