- Managing your lifestyle factors is key to preventing Alzheimer's disease
- Breakthrough! A recently released report has uncovered that managing your lifestyle factors plays an important role in preventing Alzheimer's disease. In fact, managing lifestyle factors could prevent up to 75% of the world's dementia, according to the report.
The findings, which were published in The Lancet and presented at the 2017 Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) maint... ››› more
- [28 July 2017]
- Keep dementia symptoms at bay by exercising your brain like this…
- You're familiar with how athletes cross-train to enhance their physical skills. But did you know that you can exercise your brain to benefit your brain in the same way by enhancing learning and keeping dementia symptoms at bay?
This is according to a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports conducted by researchers from the University of Illinois in the United States. Keep reading ... ››› more
- [27 July 2017]
- Eight causes of mental health problems that are often overlooked
- When it comes to mental health problems like depression and anxiety, the chances of successful treatment are slim. Statistics reveal that up to 40% of depression patients don't respond to treatment, while just over 50% report only a partial response to therapy.
These dismal figures make us ask ourselves, “Could it be that we're thinking about - and therefore treating - mental health problems ... ››› more
- [20 July 2017]
- 10 tips to improve your mental wellness and fight mental health conditions
- Do you struggle to find happiness? Do you seldom have a positive outlook on life? When you're feeling down, do you find it hard to get out of it? If you answered, “Yes, yes, yes!” it's time you take control of your mental health and start working on improving your mental wellness.
The following 10 tips will help you improve your mental wellness and fight mental health conditions such as de... ››› more
- [18 July 2017]
- You can protect yourself from Alzheimer's disease by getting good quality sleep
- You know that prioritising sleep is critical to your overall health. In case you needed further convincing, a new study has revealed that you can protect yourself from Alzheimer's disease by getting good quality sleep!
The study, conducted by researchers from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and published in the journal Neurology, discovered that adults that don't get quality shut-eye are a... ››› more
- [10 July 2017]
- Improve your mental wellness with these delicious smoothie ingredients
- With all the superfoods out there, it can be tough to decide which nutrient-packed additions would go best with your morning smoothie to improve your mental wellness. The possibilities seem endless, don't they?
That's why we've put together a list of the four best superfoods to feel more focused and energised! You can mix and match from these add-ons that are brimming with phytonutrients to boo... ››› more
- [07 July 2017]
- Chocolate and cocoa may offer mental wellness support!
- If you're one of those people who believed that a balanced diet is a chocolate in both hands, you'll be happy to know that this phrase commonly used to justify eating chocolate may harbour some truth!
According to a recent review published in Frontiers in Nutrition, the cocoa bean is an excellent source of flavanols - a class of naural compounds that may offer mental wellness support as they ha... ››› more
- [04 July 2017]
- Immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for VCID patients
- A paper published by the University of Kentucky's Sanders-Brown Center on Aging has uncovered that immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for patients with vascular cognitive impairment and dementia (VCID).
To find out more about the link between Alzheimer's disease and VCID plus why immunotherapy for Alzheimer's disease may be ineffective for VCID patients, read on.
The re... ››› more
- [29 June 2017]
- Cut your dementia risk by drinking more coffee!
- Do you want to prevent dementia? Do you love coffee?
Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports has found that caffeine is one of 24 compounds that have potential to boost an enzyme that can help protect you against dementia.
Yes, it's true - indulging in your beloved cuppa may have neuro-protective effects! Keep reading to learn more. ... ››› more
- [29 May 2017]
- Regular use of a sauna can cut the risk of dementia up to 66%!
- According to a recent study by University of Eastern Finland researchers, regular use of a sauna may reduce the risk of dementia - a group of thinking and social symptoms that interfere with daily functioning - in men.
So how exactly does using a sauna help boost the brain and prevent dementia? Keep reading to find out!
Study discovers that regular use of a sauna can reduce risk of dementia ... ››› more
- [26 May 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn