- Secrets to keeping your brain sharp as you age...
- From about the age of 20, we begin to lose neurons - and by the age of 75, we've lost a tenth of our neurons.
This may sound like bad news, but really it isn't.
The truth is, while neurons don't get replaced, those that don't die off, continue to grow and branch off - making new connections right up until the day you die.
The secret to a sharp mind right into your 90s is to feed the b... ››› more
- [19 September 2018]
- How to treat mental tiredness naturally...
- Mental exhaustion is more common than ever today.
Without realising it, we're exposed to around 7,000 adverts every day.
The average person spends four hours per day on their phones.
The average working day has become longer with today's poor economic climate and many more people working remotely.
And, we all spend a lot more time in traffic... every day.
It's no wonder most peopl... ››› more
- [07 September 2018]
- These common nutrient deficiencies could be making you forgetful...
- If you've been feeling a bit frayed and forgetful lately, you could be low on a few essential nutrients for your brain. And, regaining a sharp mind could be as simple as taking a couple of supplements that will replenish these nutrients.
Read on to find out which ones below... 4 Nutrients that could 're-awaken' your brain out of a slow slumber...
It helps maintain health... ››› more
- [03 September 2018]
- Been anxious, restless and forgetful? This could be why...
- If you feel like you're losing your mind lately because you can't remember where you parked your car or you've suddenly developed nervous or anxious tendencies, and you've lost some weight...
It could have nothing to do with your mind at all!
Find out below what could be causing your 'false dementia' and how you can help treat it naturally... This gland could be the cause of your worrying sy... ››› more
- [20 June 2018]
- The sunshine vitamin plays a major role in keeping your brain young
- Have you read any health news lately? If you have, you've probably come across a story about the importance of vitamin D and its incredible health benefits. So why is it that populations all around the globe are suffering from vitamin D deficiency?
In the past, you might not have thought of getting enough of the sunshine vitamin as anything serious. If this is the case, you couldn't have been m... ››› more
- [27 April 2018]
- Beware! Too much sitting can lead to mental decline and dementia
- You already know that too many hours lounging on chairs and couches can be bad for your heart. As it turns out, all that sitting might be bad for your brain too.
In fact, too much sitting could even lead to mental decline and dementia, according to a new study published in the journal PLOS One.
The new study found that too much sitting was tied to an unhealthy ‘thinning' of tissue in a key... ››› more
- [24 April 2018]
- Aerobic exercise can delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease and improve symptoms
- Scientists still haven't found a cure for the memory-destroying condition that is Alzheimer's disease, however, a new study has found that aerobic exercise can help delay its onset and improve symptoms.
Numerous studies have suggested that exercise can boost brain health in older adults, but not all have concluded that exercise either delays the onset of Alzheimer's disease or improves symptoms... ››› more
- [10 April 2018]
- Too much coffee could spell Alzheimer's disease trouble
- When you think of Alzheimer's disease, memory loss is the first symptom that comes to mind. However, there are also a number of neuropsychiatric symptoms that may be present even in the early stages of the disease. Known as behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia, or BPSD or short, they include anxiety, depression, apathy, hallucinations and paranoia.
Recent research has suggested th... ››› more
- [06 April 2018]
- Chocolate and wine actually make you smarter!
- What if we told you that some of your favourite indulgence, such as coffee, dark chocolate and wine, keep your brain healthy and even make you smarter? Well, it's true!
You already know that a wholesome diet is the cornerstone of good health - think a wide variety of foods, including dark green, red and orange vegetables, whole fruits and proteins like meat.
However, certain foods aren't ju... ››› more
- [04 April 2018]
- This simple test may help combat Alzheimer's disease before symptoms surface
- Many people around the world take a daily dose of baby aspirin to help ward off heart attacks. Well, as it turns out, a daily dose of the non-prescription painkiller ibuprofen (Advil) can similarly prevent Alzheimer's disease.
The new study, conducted by a team of Canadian neuroscientists, found that ibuprofen could help susceptible people stave off Alzheimer's disease by targeting inflammation... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn