- Your medication may be behind your memory loss…
- You might be surprised to learn that the scary side effect of memory loss is a possibility for many commonly prescribed medications.
While it's a good idea to get any memory loss issues checked out by your doctor, you may want to consider that culprit may be in your medicine cabinet first.
Read on to learn about the common medications that can cause memory loss.
These five commonly presc... ››› more
- [23 March 2018]
- Daytime sleepiness could be an early sign of Alzheimer's disease
- Do you often feel sleepy during the day? Then you might have harmful plaque building in your brain that's a sign of impending Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study published in JAMA Neurology.
The accumulation of a protein called beta-amyloid is a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease. It's believed that better sleep clears beta-amyloid, while poor sleep allows it to build up, the authors of ... ››› more
- [21 March 2018]
- Omega-3 fatty acids help combat age-related cognitive decline
- Sources of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, such as fatty fish and fish oil, have been found to boost the effectiveness of B-vitamin supplements in fighting off age-related cognitive decline, new research by the University of Oxford has shown.
According to the study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer's disease, the two natural sources of brain-enhancing agents amount to a one-two punch ag... ››› more
- [08 March 2018]
- Impaired vision may be an early warning sign of cognitive decline
- Studies have already found that hearing impairment and increased risk of cognitive decline in old age go hand in hand, and a new study suggests that impaired vision may carry the same risk.
The study, published in JAMA Ophthalmology, found that people who had problems with distance vision were also two to three times as likely as those with strong vision to be cognitively impaired. Read on for ... ››› more
- [05 March 2018]
- Chronic heavy drinking triples your risk of all types of dementia!
- It's well-known that chronic heavy drinking boosts your risk of health issues including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease and digestive problems. Now, a new study has found that it also increases your odds of all types of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease.
The study, published in The Lancet Public Health, identified chronic heavy drinking as a major risk factor for... ››› more
- [28 February 2018]
- You won't believe that these ordinary foods offer Alzheimer's disease protection!
- Alzheimer's disease, the most common form of dementia, is a devastating disease that robs victims of their memories and makes them shells of their former selves.
Even though scientists have been looking for a cure for Alzheimer's disease for many decades, they still haven't had much success. However, research shows that ordinary foods can offer protection.
Here are five common foods that can... ››› more
- [22 February 2018]
- These herbs reduce anxiety, sharpen your memory and protect against brain tumours
- It's no secret that herbs are winners for your waistline because they're calorie-free, fat-free, junk-free flavour additions. But did you know that they offer big benefits for your brain, too?
It's true - dashes and pinches of certain herbs can help reduce anxiety, sharpen your memory and even protect against brain tumours. Keep reading to learn about four of the best brain-boosting herbs…
... ››› more
- [14 February 2018]
- A glass of wine every night may help keep Alzheimer's disease at bay!
- If you're a big wine drinker, we have the best news ever for you! Enjoying a glass of wine every night doesn't only help you relax after a busy day, but also reduces inflammation and helps your brain clear away toxins, including those tied to Alzheimer's disease. These findings were unrelieved in a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports.
“Prolonged intake of excessive amounts ... ››› more
- [08 February 2018]
- The secrets to keeping your brain nimble and memory sharp after 55
- Do you often misplace your key or blank on a name now and then? Don't worry - this doesn't mean your mind is doomed to turn into a colander as you get older!
Just like you do exercise to build up your muscles, you can adopt habits to muscle up your brain. Here are four top tips for keeping your brain young and your memory sharp at any age.
Four simple lifestyle tweaks to boost your brain and... ››› more
- [01 February 2018]
- If you're low in these nutrients, your brain is suffering for it!
- By now, you understand that what you eat plays a big role in your brain health. For example, fish is labelled as a top brain food due to the healthy dose of brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids that it delivers. But omega-3 isn't the only nutrient that's critical to your brain health…
In fact, there are a number of other nutrients that your brain needs to function properly. But there are two in... ››› more
- [30 January 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn