- Taking your prostate cancer medication with a light breakfast boosts its efficiency
- Prostate cancer drugs aren't cheap, so if you're on such medication, you're probably looking for ways to cut the cost. Well, good news - we know one a way!
According to a new American study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, you can boost the efficiency of your prostate cancer medication by simply taking it with food.
The investigators behind the study found that taking Zytiga (a... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
- Coffee and cancer risk: Should concern be brewing?
- A judge in California recently ruled that coffee sellers must post warnings about cancer risks. Now, the question is: How concerned should you be about your daily cuppa? Not very concerned, according to scientists and available evidence.
In recent years, scientific concerns about coffee have begun to fade. In fact, a body of research suggests that the brew can actually improve your health. Let'... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
- These foods fight cancer, according to recent cancer research
- A few years ago, many doctors believed there was little a person could do to prevent cancer. However, this view is changing as cancer research shows that filling up on certain foods can help keep at least some cancers at bay.
One recent study suggested that a diet rich in cruciferous vegetables, such as fibre- and folate-rich broccoli, sharply reduces the risk of colorectal cancer.
Broccoli ... ››› more
- [27 March 2018]
- These common nutrients stop prostate cancer in its tracks!
- A number of studies over the past few decades have shown a definitive connection between diet and a man's risk of developing prostate cancer.
“A growing number of studies show that improving nutrition along with the addition of special nutrients can dramatically reduce risk,” says Dr Russell Blaylock, a well-recognised neurologist and nutrition expert in the United States.
This means th... ››› more
- [16 March 2018]
- Even third-hand smokes increases your risk of lung cancer!
- Last year, researchers at the Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the United States found that brief exposure to third-hand smoke, which is the poisonous residue that lingers on surfaces longer after a cigarette has been put out, was tied to low body weight and immune changes in juvenile mice.
In a new study, the researchers have found that third-hand smoke also incr... ››› more
- [15 March 2018]
- Filling up on fibre lessens the chance of colon cancer death
- Colon cancer patients can lower their chances of death by eating a diet rich in fibre, a study published in JAMA Oncology has found.
Fibre has been associated with better insulin control and lower levels of inflammation, which may account for better survival, the study team said. In addition, a high-fibre diet may protect people from developing colon cancer in the first place. Read on for more.... ››› more
- [13 March 2018]
- Sun exposure and colon cancer: The surprising link
- Most people avoid spending too much time in the sun to protect themselves against skin cancer. Now, a top expert says it's possible that the sun's rays can cause colon cancer as well.
“We know that people who develop squamous skin cancer are at higher risk for colon cancer, so we're looking into whether exposure from the sun's ultraviolet rays might be involved,” said Dr Tatiana Oberszyn. R... ››› more
- [09 March 2018]
- Five of the most important prostate cancer discoveries to date
- In most cases, prostate cancer is treatable, plus it has strong survival rates. That's the good news. However, if prostate cancer goes undetected and spreads, it could turn into bad news.
That aside, because prostate cancer is still the most common cancer among men worldwide, researchers and doctors alike are constantly looking to discover advancements in the treatment of the disease.
Read o... ››› more
- [02 March 2018]
- Anti-dandruff shampoos contain carcinogens! Use these natural remedies instead
- Do you suffer from dandruff and use an anti-dandruff shampoo to keep white, flaky scalp at bay? Then it's time you start looking at natural remedies for dandruff instead!
Anti-dandruff shampoos don't only turn your hair dry and frizzy - many also contain chemicals that natural practitioners say are best to avoid. Coal tar in particular, which has been a primary ingredient in anti-dandruff shamp... ››› more
- [01 March 2018]
- Chowing down on these foods boosts your risk of colon cancer…
- Chowing down on sugary drinks, white bread and red meat might increase your risk of colon cancer in the long term. This is according to a new study published in the journal JAMA Oncology.
These foods trigger inflammation in your body, and the inflammation that they cause is linked to a higher risk of developing colon cancer, the study showed. Keep reading for the full findings.
Harvard study... ››› more
- [20 February 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn