Bone, Joint & Nerve Health
- Common knee surgery might not help ease pain or improve mobility…
- Knee surgery is common among older adults who want to remove damaged cartilage in their knees. However, a new American study suggests that these operations may not help ease pain or improve mobility in people over 65.
For their study, the researchers focused on a procedure called arthroscopic partial meniscectomy, which involves cutting out or shaving torn or damaged tissue. Past studies have s... ››› more
- [14 March 2018]
- A gluten-free diet could completely eliminate your nerve pain!
- A number of studies have suggested a link between a sensitivity to gluten, the proteins found in wheat, and nerve damage known as neuropathy. Now, a new study has strengthened this link.
The study, led by Dr Panagiotis Zis of the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom, showed that a gluten-free diet may help reduce nerve pain in some people with gluten sensitivity. Read on for more.
T... ››› more
- [06 March 2018]
- This diet can help you avoid frailty as you get older
- The Mediterranean diet is renowned for the benefits its offers your health, from boosting brain health and preventing cancer, to controlling diabetes and promoting weight loss.
As if you needed another reason to give this diet a try, a new study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society has shown that the Mediterranean diet may also help keep you healthy and independent as yo... ››› more
- [09 February 2018]
- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Three diet tips to break-proof your bones for life
- When you think of the most important nutrients to stave off osteoporosis and promote strong, healthy bones, calcium and vitamin D immediately come to mind. However, these aren't the only bone-boosting nutrients out there.
While reaching for foods rich in calcium and vitamin D, such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and egg yolks, will help protect the bones you have and regain bone mass you've lost, you... ››› more
- [05 February 2018]
- Omega-3 fish oil: A top solution for sore muscles and nerve pain
- Do you workouts leave your muscles sore and cranky? Then you might want to try omega-3 fish oil. Brimming with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-3 fish oil is renowned for its ability to relieve inflammation and accelerate the healing process.
In fact, for many years, people have been using omega-3 fish oil for many years to treat exercise-related muscle soreness, nerve damage cause by accident or inj... ››› more
- [17 January 2018]
- Fish oil increases joint mobility - here's how
- help prevent heart disease or decreases the recurrence of dry eyes.
But did you know that fish oil is also fantastic for your joints?
That's right - fish oil enhances joint mobility through a few different mechanisms. Keep reading to learn more.
The EPA and DHA in fish oil reduces inflammation
Fish oil is abundant in two ingredients – namely eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexae... ››› more
- [30 October 2017]
- Stiff joints from working out? Try these three tips…
- When you were in your 20s, you hit the gym, jump on the treadmill and start working out without thinking twice about stiff joints. Now that you're older, there are days when it seems like a better idea to skip your workout altogether than to suffer with achy joints.
Since you're reading this, we're guessing that you can relate to stiff joints after working out. Not to worry though - we have thr... ››› more
- [29 September 2017]
- CBD oil helps relieve these three types of pain
- Have you been searching for an all-natural way to relieve pain that actually works? Look no further than CBD oil - short for cannabidiol oil - which helps calm inflammation and reduce overall discomfort associated with a variety of health conditions.
A body of research on CBD oil for pain management shows a great deal of promise. Some suggests that CBD can offer an alternative for people who su... ››› more
- [02 August 2017]
- Four fool-proof techniques to soothe stiff joints using essential oils
- Stiff joints may result from injuries, arthritis, rheumatism or by maintaining bad posture for long periods of time. Fortunately, essential oils can help soothe stiff joints thanks to their anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic and antispasmodic properties!
You can use essential oils individually or blended together to alleviate joint pain - plus, there are many different ways in which you can us... ››› more
- [27 June 2017]