Bone, Joint & Nerve Health
- Foods that may be causing your joint pain...
- While there are foods that help soothe joint pain, there are also some that may be causing your pain. They're imflammatory foods and as long as you keep eating them, your joints will keep hurting.
Keep reading to find out which foods to strike from your diet... Stay away from these foods to reduce inflammation
Processed and fried foods
Researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine foun... ››› more
- [19 September 2018]
- 3 Foods that soothe inflammation in the joints...
- If you have achy, swollen joints, watching what you eat is super important. There are certain foods you should avoid and others that actually help soothe the pain and swelling.
Keep reading to find out more (I think you'll be surprised!)... Foods to stock up on for your achy joints
You already know that omega-3, olive oil, grapeseed oil, fatty fish like tuna and salmon, nuts and avocados are... ››› more
- [07 September 2018]
- Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Naturally...
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) describes a feeling of numbness, pain, tingling, burning or weakness in the hands and arms.
It's caused by pressure on the median nerve which runs from your arms into your hands. Swelling in your wrist may pinch the nerve, resulting in the discomfort described above. The only digit CTS doesn't affect is the pinky.
But, if you go to the doctor, he'll want you to ... ››› more
- [04 September 2018]
- Travelling tips for arthritis sufferers...
- When you have to live with painful joints, planning a holiday isn't the easiest thing to do, especially if you're planning to travel with more mobile, younger people.
But don't let that stop you. Follow the tips below to reduce the strain on your joints while on holiday so that you and your family can have an enjoyable break. Travel tips to keep your joints pain-free...
1. Select a joint-fr... ››› more
- [22 June 2018]
- Common knee surgery might not help ease pain or improve mobility…
- Knee surgery is common among older adults who want to remove damaged cartilage in their knees. However, a new American study suggests that these operations may not help ease pain or improve mobility in people over 65.
For their study, the researchers focused on a procedure called arthroscopic partial meniscectomy, which involves cutting out or shaving torn or damaged tissue. Past studies have s... ››› more
- [14 March 2018]
- A gluten-free diet could completely eliminate your nerve pain!
- A number of studies have suggested a link between a sensitivity to gluten, the proteins found in wheat, and nerve damage known as neuropathy. Now, a new study has strengthened this link.
The study, led by Dr Panagiotis Zis of the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom, showed that a gluten-free diet may help reduce nerve pain in some people with gluten sensitivity. Read on for more.
T... ››› more
- [06 March 2018]
- This diet can help you avoid frailty as you get older
- The Mediterranean diet is renowned for the benefits its offers your health, from boosting brain health and preventing cancer, to controlling diabetes and promoting weight loss.
As if you needed another reason to give this diet a try, a new study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society has shown that the Mediterranean diet may also help keep you healthy and independent as yo... ››› more
- [09 February 2018]
- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Three diet tips to break-proof your bones for life
- When you think of the most important nutrients to stave off osteoporosis and promote strong, healthy bones, calcium and vitamin D immediately come to mind. However, these aren't the only bone-boosting nutrients out there.
While reaching for foods rich in calcium and vitamin D, such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and egg yolks, will help protect the bones you have and regain bone mass you've lost, you... ››› more
- [05 February 2018]
- Omega-3 fish oil: A top solution for sore muscles and nerve pain
- Do you workouts leave your muscles sore and cranky? Then you might want to try omega-3 fish oil. Brimming with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-3 fish oil is renowned for its ability to relieve inflammation and accelerate the healing process.
In fact, for many years, people have been using omega-3 fish oil for many years to treat exercise-related muscle soreness, nerve damage cause by accident or inj... ››› more
- [17 January 2018]