Bone, Joint & Nerve Health
- Four fool-proof techniques to soothe stiff joints using essential oils
- Stiff joints may result from injuries, arthritis, rheumatism or by maintaining bad posture for long periods of time. Fortunately, essential oils can help soothe stiff joints thanks to their anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic and antispasmodic properties!
You can use essential oils individually or blended together to alleviate joint pain - plus, there are many different ways in which you can us... ››› more
- [27 June 2017]
- Muscle mass loss in women is tied to excessive alcohol consumption
- It's well-known that excessive drinking can have negative effects on your learning, attention and memory.
According to a new study published online in Menopause, a NAMS journal, excessive drinking may also speed up muscle mass loss in women!
Keep reading for more on this interesting study...
New study ties muscle mass loss in women to excessive drinking
To reach their findings, research... ››› more
- [12 June 2017]
- Sip your stiff joints into a state of relaxation with these herbs
- New workouts, a recently finished marathon, an extra-long weekend hike or even stressful days at the computer can lead to stiff joints!
Many people with stiff joints reach for over-the-counter-medication to help ease the pain when herbal tea is in fact one of the best remedies for stiff joints out there. Herbal tea lets you sip your stiff joints into a state of relaxation, healing support and p... ››› more
- [09 June 2017]
- Four ways that fish oil improves joint mobility
- Fish oil has been studied extensively for its ability to reduce certain cardiovascular risk factors, notably triglycerides and blood pressure, due to its content of fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
While it's well-known that fish oil provides heart health benefits, not many people know that fish oil also contributes to healthy joints. Read on to learn how ... ››› more
- [06 June 2017]
- Stiff joints? Here's what you should and shouldn't eat
- Stiff joints can be caused by injury and disease of your joints. But here's the good news: No matter the cause of your stiff joints, you can eat for healthy joints.
That's correct - by eating and avoiding certain foods, you can get your joints back in tip-top condition - no physical therapy or exercise necessary!
While certain foods protect your joints against arthritis, others can worsen j... ››› more
- [31 May 2017]
- Women with degenerative joint disease can benefit from this diet
- Wondering which diet is the best for degenerative joint disease if you're a woman? According to a recent study conducted by researchers at The Ohio State University in the USA, you can't go wrong with the anti-inflammatory diet.
The study found that the anti-inflammatory diet - which is characterised by ancient eating patterns rather than the overly processed, unbalanced diets of the West - com... ››› more
- [30 May 2017]
- Chia seeds may be useful for reducing inflammation and joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis
- Chia seeds have been making major headlines for their ability to promote heart health - but what about their other health benefits?
Turns out that these nutrient-dense seeds are also useful for reducing inflammation and joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis - a chronic inflammatory disorder affecting many joints.
Read on for a lowdown of the key joint health promoting nutrients fou... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- Boosting your calcium intake won't strengthen your bones and prevent fractures, experts say
- The health and strength of your bones relies on a balanced diet and steady stream of nutrients - and you'll be interested to know that calcium isn't the most important of them all to strengthen your bones and prevent fractures.
In fact, at the recent annual Pediatric Academic Societies meeting held in Washington, in the USA, a study was presented that surprised everyone. It uncovered that to en... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Want to reverse your osteoporosis? Drink THIS every day…
- By now you know that calcium plays a major role in your bone health by promoting strong, healthy bones. But did you know that this essential mineral also helps prevent and heal bone problems such as osteoporosis?
One quick and easy way to get a healthy dose of calcium every day is by drinking down a green smoothie. Brimming with calcium and an array of other vitamins and minerals, green smooth... ››› more
- [13 April 2017]
- Study finds a link between smoking and increased risk of infection post joint surgery
- You've been struggling with osteoarthritis in your hip joint for years and have finally decided to go for hip replacement surgery to fix the problem. The prognosis for joint surgery is usually good, so there's nothing to be afraid of, right? Wrong!
According to a study recently published in The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, while joint surgery like hip or knee replacement usually involve no... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]