- Allergy prevention: The very best reason to say “yes” when your child asks for a dog!
- It's inevitable if you have a young child. Around the age of three, they've become sick of playing with their fluffy toys and want something they can chase around and really play with. It's around the time they ask for a pet… And before you say a flat out “no” because you know you'll end up looking after it, there is one very good reason to say yes! It improves their health!
A dog is real... ››› more
- [04 February 2014]
- Can organic milk really reduce the risk of allergies in your children?
- Many parents believe a child who has allergies definitely can't drink milk; it'll set him off for sure! But now studies show raw, organic milk could actually benefit children as they're growing and help reduce their risk of developing food allergies…
Around 40% to 50% of young school aged children have some form of food allergy. And this is a worldwide statistic relating to the industrialised... ››› more
- [31 January 2014]
- Breaking news: A high fibre diet may protect against asthma
- Great news for asthmatics! A diet high in fibre can help protect you from asthma episodes. Imagine no longer having to worry about what environment you're in and how it'll affect your allergies. Studies reveal that you can possible eat your way to an asthma-free life. Here's how…
As an asthmatic, it’s always in the back of your mind: When’s your next episode, and what’s going to cause i... ››› more
- [16 January 2014]
- Let a simple dose of sunshine help treat your asthma!
- Take advantage of the summer months and treat your asthma with sunshine! Information as to how vitamin D aids in treatment of various ailments from heart disease to cancer has been around for some time. But now, studies show getting your daily dose can now also help treat symptoms of asthma!
Could it really be as simple as spending a few minutes in the sun which could help you treat your asthma... ››› more
- [09 January 2014]
- Change these seven things in your home to keep your child from having an asthma attack
- You know the feeling when your child is sick and you don't know how to make them better. It's heart breaking for any parent! But what if your child is suffering from a chronic illness and anything could trigger an attack. If your child is asthmatic, change seven things in your home to reduce their risk of having an asthma attack at home.
With any chronic illness that your child may suffer from,... ››› more
- [17 December 2013]
- Revealed: Six sneaky allergic asthma triggers
- Allergic asthma is the most common type of asthma. If you have this condition, your airways are hypersensitive to the allergens to which you've become sensitised, says WebMD. Once these allergens get into your airways, your immune system overreacts. And your airways become inflamed and flooded with thick mucus. If you suffer from allergic asthma, beware of these six sneaky allergic asthma triggers... ››› more
- [18 November 2013]
- Asthma sufferers: Breathe easy - without your inhaler!
- The easiest way to help resolve asthma and other breathing difficulties is to re-learn how to breathe properly. It's often as simple as that! And today, we'll show you how to do that.
It’s widely known that the Buteyko Eucapnic breathing method is the most effective technique for treating asthma.
And there are five steps to perfecting it…
Buteyko Eucapnic breathing – your key to a... ››› more
- [07 November 2013]
- New studies showing great promise for natural asthma relief…
- If you struggle with the gasping, wheezing and coughing of asthma, you probably wouldn't leave home without your asthma inhaler. It's in your bag or pocket whether you go shopping, out to dinner or even when you walk your dog…
If you're tired of living life between inhaler puffs, I have some news for you today that could help relieve your asthma symptoms so you're not so reliant on your asth... ››› more
- [04 November 2013]
- Asthma 101: How ensure a severe attack doesn't land you in hospital
- Poor Idris Elba. He's in for a tough time after the UK actor has a severe asthma attack before boarding his flight to SA for the much-awaited premier of Long Walk to Freedom. After all, the days and weeks following a bad asthma attack are a particularly vulnerable time. Don't let your next asthma attack turn serious. Use these tips instead…
It must have been devastating for Elba when doctors ... ››› more
- [04 November 2013]
- Is your ‘clean smell' obsession behind your child's asthma?
- If you watch TV, we'll forgive you for thinking your home and office space stink. After all, that's the impression you'll get every time you see a new air freshener ad on TV. But did you know using an air freshener in your living room, exposes you to more toxic substances than you'd breathe in during the middle of a peak hour Jo'burg traffic jam? They're so bad for you, in fact, that they cause as... ››› more
- [24 October 2013]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn