- You can cut your rheumatoid arthritis risk by 52% by eating salmon at least once a week, according to Swedish study
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that affects many of your joints, including those in your hands and feet. While there's no treatment for it, doctors suggest physiotherapy and certain medications to help slow down the pain.
If you're at risk of rheumatoid arthritis, you'll be interested to know that a Swedish study published in 2013 found that eating salmon at least once ... ››› more
- [24 April 2017]
- A doctor shares four science-backed ways to treat psoriatic arthritis naturally
- Psoriatic arthritis is an inflammatory type of arthritis that's associated with skin psoriasis. And, if you don't control the inflammation, it can cause swelling and joint pain that can lead to damage of your joints!
While conventional drugs are proven to delay damage from psoriatic arthritis, there's little research on natural treatments for the condition.
However, according to Guy Fiocco, ... ››› more
- [06 February 2017]
- Exercising for just 45 minutes per week can help arthritis sufferers to function better
- As you get older and your arthritis pain worsens, it becomes more difficult to carry out everyday tasks. Things such as walking, kneeling, climbing stairs, eating, and cleaning and housework can - quite literally - be a pain! Can you relate?
Thankfully, there's a solution to this - and it doesn't involve any arthritis pain medication! According to a spanking new study in the journal Arthritis C... ››› more
- [02 February 2017]
- Smoking may contribute to rheumatoid arthritis, new research reveals
- Smoking isn't just a major cause of cancer - according to new research conducted by Stanford University researchers, it may contribute to the autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis, too.
The research, which was published in journal Arthritis Research & Therapy, investigated the complex interactions between smoking and rheumatoid arthritis in men and women and found differences in the susceptib... ››› more
- [28 December 2016]
- Magnetic wrist straps and copper bracelets don't really help rheumatoid arthritis pain
- If you're diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder known as rheumatoid arthritis, you know that magnet therapy is a popular, inexpensive method of easing pain that people have been using since the 1970s. But dos it really work?
According to a study published in the journal PLOS ONE, the answer is no. Researchers behind the study found that magnetic wrist straps have little affect on the pain and ... ››› more
- [15 December 2016]
- Small German study finds that the birth control pill may help relieve rheumatoid arthritis in women
- Attention, ladies...
If you think that oestrogen only plays a role in your sexual health, you've got it all wrong. According to a new study published in Arthritis Care & Research, oestrogen may in fact be a highly beneficial factor in relieving the autoimmune disease known as rheumatoid arthritis.
In the small German study, researchers found that women who used the birth control pill reporte... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- Study finds that there's a compound in green tea that can block rheumatoid arthritis
- If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you know that it's a debilitating autoimmune disorder that causes painful swelling that progresses into joint deformity, bone erosion and cartilage damage.
You've also likely been looking for a natural solution to combating the joint pain, inflammation and tissue damage. Finally, there is one - it's green tea!
According to researchers at Washington S... ››› more
- [01 December 2016]
- New study finds that the DASH eating plan may help relieve gout, a type of inflammatory arthritis
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, you've likely heard of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (or DASH) eating plan before. This diet was developed to help people with high blood pressure get their readings back to normal and slash their risk of heart problems.
But according to a new study published in the journal Arthritis and Rheumatology, the DASH eating plan may offer benefits ... ››› more
- [22 November 2016]
- Arthritis and vitamin D - a doctor explains the connection
- Dr James Dowd, a rheumatologist at the Arthritis Institute of Michigan in the US, has been prescribing vitamin D to people who suffer from chronic illness like arthritis for years.
And, recently, two major studies confirmed just how important the sunshine vitamin is for good health. Read on to learn more about the connection between arthritis and vitamin D as explained by Dr Dowd plus renowned ... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- Three remedies that reduce inflammation, cleanse your blood and strengthen your body to banish rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups
- One day, your joints feel pretty good. The next, swelling and pain ratchet up and you can barely get out of bed… yup, I'm talking about rheumatoid arthritis.
A chronic illness caused by an overactive immune system, rheumatoid arthritis isn't only painful - it's scary, too! Why, you ask? Well, considering the medical protocols include intense therapies that suppress your immune system, such as... ››› more
- [14 November 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn