- New study finds that the DASH eating plan may help relieve gout, a type of inflammatory arthritis
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, you've likely heard of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (or DASH) eating plan before. This diet was developed to help people with high blood pressure get their readings back to normal and slash their risk of heart problems.
But according to a new study published in the journal Arthritis and Rheumatology, the DASH eating plan may offer benefits ... ››› more
- [22 November 2016]
- Arthritis and vitamin D - a doctor explains the connection
- Dr James Dowd, a rheumatologist at the Arthritis Institute of Michigan in the US, has been prescribing vitamin D to people who suffer from chronic illness like arthritis for years.
And, recently, two major studies confirmed just how important the sunshine vitamin is for good health. Read on to learn more about the connection between arthritis and vitamin D as explained by Dr Dowd plus renowned ... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- Three remedies that reduce inflammation, cleanse your blood and strengthen your body to banish rheumatoid arthritis flare-ups
- One day, your joints feel pretty good. The next, swelling and pain ratchet up and you can barely get out of bed… yup, I'm talking about rheumatoid arthritis.
A chronic illness caused by an overactive immune system, rheumatoid arthritis isn't only painful - it's scary, too! Why, you ask? Well, considering the medical protocols include intense therapies that suppress your immune system, such as... ››› more
- [14 November 2016]
- Say bye-bye to arthritis pain when you eat these five herbs!
- If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, caused by an overactive immune system, you're probably well aware of how scary the medical protocol can be - from chemotherapy to other therapies, which suppress your immune system.
But these harsh therapies aren't the only way to keep your arthritis pain at bay. In fact, there are a number of miracle herbs that treat the root cause of the problem - infl... ››› more
- [15 September 2016]
- Science reveals the four best essential oils for arthritis pain relief
- If you suffer from arthritis, you know how painful it can be. The degenerative condition, which is marked by inflammation in your joints, can cause severe pain and stiffness. Luckily, though, there are a number of essential oils that can help with that!
Essential oils are plant products that pack powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. They're an effect... ››› more
- [11 August 2016]
- You're never too young to get arthritis - here are three ways to soothe achy knees and hips
- Millions of people around the world suffer from arthritis, a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation in one or more joints. In fact, eight million people in America alone suffer from the condition…
So what's the main cause? Surprisingly, one the biggest causes of arthritis is overdoing it on high-impact workouts. Think boot camps and CrossFit. According to David T Neuman, founder of... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- This secret ingredient relieves arthritis aches and pains
- Do you suffer from red, swollen, inflamed joints? Struggle with daily activities like walking up the stairs or picking up small objects? According to the Arthritis Foundation of America, more than 50 million adults have been diagnosed with arthritis. That is one in every five people above the age of 18 years old. But it's not all doom and gloom, we've got the answer to pain relief and inflammation... ››› more
- [06 June 2016]
- New study finds that the birth control pill may improve rheumatoid arthritis
- According to a new German study, oral contraceptives (birth control pills) can ease pain and improve functioning in women who have rheumatoid arthritis.
“Women with inflammatory arthritis who were currently using oral contraceptives or who had used them in the past, presented with better patient-reported outcomes within the first two years of arthritis,” the study authors wrote. Read on to ... ››› more
- [11 January 2016]
- Seven signs that you might have arthritis in your knee
- There are three different types of arthritis that can occur in your knees. The most common type is osteoarthritis, a progressive disease that slowly wears away joint cartilage. This type of arthritis is most likely to strike after middle age.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease that can strike at any age.
When arthritis develops following an injury to the knee, it is called post-... ››› more
- [16 October 2015]
- Make your own arthritis relief balm with cayenne pepper and coconut oil
- Is there anything coconut oil can't do? From whipping up dairy-free lattes to saving chapped lips, this nutty liquid is super adaptable.
And, by mixing it with a few ingredients, you can open up an entire other world of coconut-based natural products, including this cayenne arthritis relief cream!
If you're suffering from arthritis or general joint pain, try rubbing this all-natural balm on ... ››› more
- [08 October 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn