- The ONE thing you must do if you suffer from back pain...
- Orthopaedist Dr Mark Knaub, of Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania, says that approximately eight in every 10 people suffer from back pain at some point.
According to Dr Knaub, ligament, tendon and muscle strains or soft tissue injuries top the list of the most common causes of back pain.
When you twist, bend, fall or lift heavy objects, these injuries can occur.
People who... ››› more
- [23 August 2018]
- Natural alternatives to arthritis drugs that really work
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis strike tens of millions of South Africans.
While drugs are one solution to managing symptoms, when you weigh the pros and cons of taking such powerful medications, you'll see that they do more harm than good in the long run.
So, are there any natural ways to keep arthritis flare-ups at bay? Of course there are! Read on for four strategies th... ››› more
- [23 April 2018]
- Surprisingly helpful - and delicious - foods for arthritis and joint pain relief
- Do you suffer from regular arthritis and joint pain? Don't open the medicine cabinet for a pain pill - instead, the grocery store!
There are many surprisingly helpful - and delicious foods - for arthritis swelling, stiffness and pain. Here are three of them…
Three foods you didn’t know help arthritis and joint pain
Pineapple is one of the most delicious fruits out there! ... ››› more
- [18 April 2018]
- The most important ways to treat rheumatoid arthritis naturally
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disorder that affects 1.3 million adults in the United States. While prescription medications are commonly prescribed to curb the pain, stiffness, swelling and weakness associated with the condition, there are also numerous ways to naturally treat it.
Some of these natural approaches include dietary changes, physical therapies and the addition of suppleme... ››› more
- [26 March 2018]
- Forget NSAIDs! Here's how to manage arthritis pain the natural way
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have been the primary treatment for arthritis pain and other symptoms for over 50 years.
But here's the thing: Natural alternatives to these conventional drugs offer a significant advantage. Unlike NSAIDs, natural strategies don't increase your risk of serious health problems including heart failure, gastrointestinal damage, ulcers, internal bleed... ››› more
- [26 February 2018]
- Three foods that can trigger a gout attack (ouch!)
- Gout is a form of arthritis characterised by severe pain, redness and tenderness in the joints. It stems from the build-up of uric acid in your body, which can lead to the formation of small uric acid ‘crystals' in the joints, which are the source of the pain.
If you're diagnosed with gout, you're familiar with how one day you may experience no pain, but the next you may have pain so severe t... ››› more
- [08 February 2018]
- This old-fashioned remedy for arthritic joints is still one of the best
- The aches and pains of arthritic joints have been around as long as the human race. And before pharmacies opened on every corner, people used natural remedies to ease pain and stiffness.
“To understand why many old-fashioned pain remedies worked, you need to understand that if someone believes in a pain cure, their brain will produce endorphins that ease their pain,” explains Andrew G Kowal... ››› more
- [30 January 2018]
- Ease arthritis and joint pain by eating one of these foods
- Arthritis and joint pain happens when your cartilage cells break apart, clog up the synovial fluid and bring on an inflammatory reaction. There are a number of factors that can cause or contribute to the pain, including age, genetics and a door diet.
Fortunately, there are a handful of key foods that can help you shore up on your joint health and ease arthritis and joint pain. Keep reading for ... ››› more
- [25 January 2018]
- Five important guidelines for caring for your arthritic joints
- Your skeletal system, composed of a whopping 206 bones, has one of the most important functions in your body: To provide overall structure and support and protect the organs. So how do arthritic joints later in life occur?
The care and maintenance of this powerhouse is often ignored or completely forgotten. Your body builds bone mass until you reach your twenties. Then, by your thirties, you ha... ››› more
- [25 January 2018]
- The top nutrients for banishing arthritis and joint pain
- Arthritis and joint pain is characterised by inflammation and loss of function in some parts of your body. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which damages your joints, cartilage and bones and affects over 27 million Americans.
Another type of arthritis is rheumatoid arthritis, which attacks the synovial lining of your joints, causing swelling, pain, stiffness and loss of func... ››› more
- [21 December 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn